Research Webinar on Working Life Expectancy (all times CET)
9:00 - 13:00
The 2nd international research seminar on Working Life Expectancy, that is this time held online, is a part of the Nordic Collaborative Project “To what extent are work disability and exit from work preventable?”. The main aim of this project is to explore occupation-specific prevention potential for the extension of working life in the Nordic countries.
At this webinar researchers from Finland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and Germany will present results of their research and address the following questions:
- Whether working life expectancies are similar in the Nordic countries, and if not, where the differences come from
- Whether working life expectancy as a working population health metric could be used in impact assessment and economic evaluations?
- What are employment and labour force participation expectancies across the life cycle?
- What are the factors influencing working life expectancy and timing of withdrawal from the labour market?
- How part-time work should be accounted for in estimation of working life expectancy?
- How does the recently introduced indicator Expected Labour Market Affiliation differ from working life expectancy?
Project website: https://www.ttl.fi/en/research-and-development-projects/to-what-extent-are-work-disability-and-exit-from-work-life-preventable-2019-2022/
Webinar is open to everyone who is interested in the topics to be discussed during this webinar.
All times are CET.
Opening of the webinar
Adj. Prof. Svetlana Solovieva, Finnish Institute of Occupational Health (FIOH), Finland
Chair: MD PhD Ingrid Sivesind Mehlum, The National Institute of Occupational Health in Norway (STAMI), Norway
Occupational differences in working life expectancy and working years lost in Nordic countries
Adj. Prof. Svetlana Solovieva, FIOH, Finland
9.35 > Change of speaker - new speaker:
Work environment and retention of senior employees before and after state pension age
Dr. Sannie Vester Thorsen, NFA, Denmark
Expected years in employment and unemployment – life-cycle approach for Finland
Adj. Prof. Heikki Räisänen, Research Director, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment, Finland
Extending Working Life in Germany – A Cohort Perspective on Inequalities in the Length of Working life
Dr. Christian Dudel, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany
Chair: Assoc. Prof. Daniel Falkstedt, Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institute, Sweden
Factors influencing working life and retirement expectancies at age 55+
Adj. Prof. Taina Leinonen, FIOH, Finland
Gender differences in the impact of work exposures on age of withdrawal from paid employment among older workers
MPhil Karina Undem, STAMI, Norway
Introduction of new indicator: Expected Labour Market Affiliation (ELMA)
Dr. Jacob Pedersen, NFA, Denmark
Moderator: Adj. Prof. Taina Leinonen, FIOH, Finland
End of the webinar
This webinar is free of charge.
Senior Scientist, Project Leader
tel +358 30 474 2402
Technical and organizational questions:
tel. +358 30 474 2240